19 July 2011

Mourning Bird

You are a destructive melody.
Broken and torn, sewn and bleeding.
I pray for your pieces…and always picture you whole.

You are disaster.
Hurricane slapping summer rain and rainbow’s tip toes.
Sunburned beauty and seaweed rubble between bleeding toes
Salty air and open sores…

You are my evensong.
And reminder of all things beautiful
If you must fall,
I pray you shatter over familiar knee cap and into au fait bosom,
Not cliff rock and lifeless consequence.
I’ve watched you dive once,
And pray your next finds you floating face up, not down.

Don’t promise you’ll stay…just don’t go far.

You are the blood of me
The harvest of my dreams
There’s nowhere I can find peace
And the silence won’t cease

Nothing quite how it seems
The ghost of my joy
Won’t let me be

If you set me free I will not run
I will not run
I will not run

3 comments:

The Gentleman said...

I enjoyed it. The poem has a restrained melancholy to it. But you can tell it's sincere.

Christina Grace said...

thank you sir, i'm glad you enjoyed :)

Unknown said...

Still reading, still enjoying ...

 
template by suckmylolly.com