22 September 2011

Round My Hometown

This morning
Despair overshadowed promise…
Fear engulfed lucidity
And my covers were the scattered remnants of
Midnight anarchy and indecision
I sat
Legs languorously lethargic
And prayed
For there were only
Vapid images of a meaningless now,
Silence
And the arbitrary hum from a fatigued cooling system
And then it came to me
Like wind rushing down nostrils
More rapidly than lung’s capacity
I remembered my kneecaps
Board stiff and dehydrated right before
Shoes splattered face first into a shallow pile of bark
And exhausted grass blades
Eyes smiled shut
And wrists wrapped loosely around tattered twine
Roaring belly laughs from 5 feet post take off
The taste of chili and sweet water cornbread, fireside
Love with no fine print
This morning…
I realized
The beauty of memories
And the revelry trouncing amid monotony

The wonder of this world...

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com