17 August 2009

West Bank Beauty

Our paths crossed in Bethlehem.
His face was sand struck...
...torso a little loftier than sunrise in mid-step.
He waved.
I smiled at him…
His eyes were peculiar and oozed a pale green medicated salve as they swayed with indecision.
I mouthed an oath of discretion
And nestled my breath ‘tween his pain etched into tulle fabric turned burnt sugar crisp and anguish...
He entrusted his pieces to the clasp of my fingertips.
I expelled psalms through his bones
And prayed for their destined direction.
He is Aria.
A melody and a requiem...
...Windstorm and silence, Dead Sea breath and beauty.
Golden filament dangling from priestly robes, dancing atop fig leaves anointed with jojoba and olive oil...
He shattered and smeared an amethyst bottle filled with frankincense that dripped from his fingertips like war paint onto my face and torso.
His hair smelt of Honeysuckle and summer rain...
Rose water and pucker fruit melodies
Tickling cheek rim with tongue songs and notes of ylang-ylang and sandalwood...
He blessed my vessel.
Sent his fingers spiriting through my hair follicles like bareback horses scurry on a Sunday.
Roasted almonds
Sun seared salmon and coconut milk.
His lips were outlined by sunlight and his brow concealed his passion and secrets...
I was swayed by camel back on a detour to Damascus...
Craved tomorrow while pleading for a lingering present...
Scarf mid back and windblown...
Gourd filled with syrupy water from a distant well...
I knew him...I met him
He was beautiful.

2 comments:

sharrifs said...

"Craved tomorrow while pleading for a lingering present"...you never cease to impress..

Mr. DaVeechi said...

I won't, for a moment, act as if I didn't have an online dictionary open while I read this. lol This piece was beautiful though. So visually appeasing! And your alliteration was well put together. My favorites were "...destined direction" and "Sun seared salmon..."

Also, I won't front like I understand the piece in its entirety either. You're too DEEP for me! lol We'll chat.

Thanks for sharing.
-Veech

 
template by suckmylolly.com